YRF’s Pathaan has become a historic hit at the box office and director Siddharth Anand is definitely one of the biggest directors of this generation in India. The film-maker, who has been backed by Aditya Chopra, to direct two towering blockbusters WAR and now Pathaan from YRF’s Spy Universe, says he is feeling greatly overwhelmed after creating history at the box office.
Siddharth says, “Scripting history. Everyone wants it, but one cant plan it. It just happens. And when it does, it’s actually a very humbling experience. I’m feeling incredibly overwhelmed right now and inspired to get back on the film set and try and create something really special for audiences again. That’s my state of mind.“
With Pathaan, Siddharth Anand becomes the only Hindi film director to have two back to back 50 crore+ openers under his credit.
He says, “I’m hungrier than before to create more spectacles and immersive experiences like Pathaan. For me, yes numbers do matter. It is a validation of all the hard work but film-making is also a team game. So, I share this incredible moment with the entire cast and crew of Pathaan. Each one of us believed in a vision to create a never seen before theatrical experience that cuts across the length and breadth of the country and I’m glad we delivered on this promise.”
Pathaan has so far created 21 new records!
1. Highest Grossing Day In The History of Hindi Cinema, Set Consecutively On Day 1 & Day 2.
2. Only Hindi Film To Breach ₹ 55 Cr NBOC Barrier, Set on Day 1.
3. Only Hindi Film To Breach ₹ 70 Cr NBOC Barrier, Set on Day 2.
4. Fastest Hindi Film To Record ₹ 100 Cr NBOC, Set on Day 2.
5. Only Hindi Film To Breach ₹ 50 Cr NBOC Barrier On Two Consecutive Days, Set on Day 2.
6. Sets Circuit Record In Every Film Circuit of India, Set on Day 2.
7. Widest Hindi Release of All Time In India, Set on Day 1.
8. Highest Grossing Opening Day For A Hindi Film Post Covid 19 Pandemic, Set Consecutively on Day 1 & Day 2.
9. Highest Grossing First Day For A Non Holiday Release, Set on Day 1.
10. Highest Grossing Second Day In The History of Hindi Cinema, Set on Day 2.
11. YRF is The Only Film Studio In India To Breach ₹ 50 Cr NBOC Barrier With A Hindi Film, Set in Years 2018, 2019 & 2023.
12. YRF Has Recorded Collections In Excess of ₹ 50 Cr NBOC Four Times in The Last 4 Years.
13. 3rd YRF Film To Cross ₹ 50 Cr+ Net Box Office Collections On The 1st Day after “WAR” and “THUGS OF HINDOSTAN”.
14. 3rd YRF SPY UNIVERSE FILM To Set An Opening Day Record After “EK THA TIGER” & “WAR”.
15. Highest Grossing First Day & Second Day for Shah Rukh Khan.
17. Highest Grossing First Day & Second Day for Deepika Padukone.
18. Highest Grossing First Day & Second Day for John Abraham.
19. Highest Grossing First Day & Second Day for Siddharth Anand.
20. Highest grossing First Day & Second Day for Yash Raj Films.
21. Highest grossing First Day & Second Day for YRF Spy Universe Films.
Siddharth says, “With War and now Pathaan, we, the Hindi film industry have given films that have pan India appeal. I have always believed that cinema has no language. Cinema is about an emotion and if it connects with people, it can really go to dizzying heights and that’s what’s happening with Pathaan.”
Siddharth is happy that Indian cinema is flourishing and creating new benchmarks with landmark global hits. He says, “Today is a victory of Indian cinema because we are all Indians first. It is such an exciting phase for our country that films from across India are making records, breaking records and most importantly entertaining the people of our country globally!”
YRF’s Pathaan is a historic hit as it collected 113.6 crore gross on day 2, taking the total worldwide collection to an astronomical 219.6 crore gross! Pathaan has become a must watch theatrical entertainer which is being celebrated across the nation. Pathaan, is part of Aditya Chopra’s ambitious spy universe and has the biggest superstars of the country Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone and John Abraham in it.