World Malayalee Council (WNC), the largest and oldest Kerala diaspora fraternity institution announced the initiative formulated to engage school going children in Middle and High schools through volunteering & leadership activities by focusing academically and socially, Thomas Philip, AR Chair; Sudhir Nambiar, AR President; Pinto Kannampally, AR General Secretary; and Cecil Cherian, Treasurer, jointly announced here last week.
The initiative intends to assist expat Malayalee children connect and fasten their heritage roots enabling successful adaptation to their homeland on academics, civic, social and cultural ends. With the resourceful assistance of mentors who have proven excellence in their own respective professional and personal careers, WMC envisions to have an organized, structured reachout enabling the younger generation, the access of vetted and validated resource people-pool and programs. Felicitating professional advancements through volunteering opportunity is the integral part of this program.
This initiative aims at delivering individual as well group attention and guidance to enrollees in overall academic merit and professional success. Further the opportunity to volunteer and to the access of resources, the SEP participants shall be advantaged with the global exchange opportunities of the Malayalee fraternity – one of the most successful diaspora, internationally. Nambiar, American Region President, said.
WMC is the only Indian diaspora institution partnered and endorsed by the US Census Bureau. Having been approved as the credentialing partner for The US President’s Volunteer Certifying program, SEP enrollees will get increased, exclusive opportunities to reputed external organizations, proudly highlighted Mr. Pinto Kannampally, General Secretary of the Region.
The following are the key specs of the WMC SEP program:
- Opportunity to obtain validated academic advisement, mentors and professional opportunities.
- Automatically become a Volunteer of WMC SEP with Student’s wing activities and earn legible volunteer hours.
- US President’s Volunteer Service Awards is readily available to certify your credentials from WMC & other organizations.
4. Network with meritorious Malayalee fellow students across America – An opportunity to exchange Views, Ideas, Tips – uplifting each other.
- Secured & validated opportunities to build quality friendships and a chance to know people before you meet them on campuses across the Nation!
- Become a Student leader in WMC Student’s wing.
WMC Global Chairman Dr. PA Ibrahim Haji, and President Gopala Pillai, extended congratulatory notes to the American Regional leadership in conceiving such a far reaching & futuristic initiative that has the potential to touch so many young lives affirmatively. Global V.P Org. Dev. Mr. P.C. Mathew stated his hopes that youngsters as well parents shall come forward recognizing the extra-mile travelled by the AR team to enable educative & volunteering opportunities to our diaspora families in the USA.
Instituted in the year 1995, by Late Dr. T. N. Seshan, – the iconic CEC of India, as WMC founding Chairman WMC is envisioned and committed to universal brotherhood of professional Malayalees. For more information please visit www.WMCAmerica.org/SEP