- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Toast and chop the pistachios till lightly browned. Chop the strawberries and pistachios.
- Mix up the butter, sugar & flour in a stand mixer with paddle attachment until combined into an even dough.
- Add in the pistachios and strawberries. Mix well.
- Chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour until the dough is flexible and non-sticky, so that you could now roll them out (~half inch thick) and cut into floral or round shaped cookies as you prefer.
- Bake on a lined preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Until lightly browned on the edges.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes on the tray out of the oven and then completely cool them on a wire rack before transferring them into a cookie jar.
These cookies are not only pretty but tastes yum and with a texture so light that it’s an absolute delight in your mouth. This melt-in-your-mouth texture with crunchy pistachios and chewy dry strawberries are irresistible. Do give it a try!
How I developed this recipe-
I had been looking for a shortbread recipe that calls for a perfect ratio of flour:butter:sugar giving the right texture and sweetness; which would also not spread out on baking that is retains its shape on baking. And I achieved that after many trials with this recipe.
It’s adorned with the prettiest additions- green pistas and jewel red strawberries, making it a must try recipe to treat your family right!
What’s special about this recipe-
Texture & Sweetness- This light shortbread is not just a buttery goodness, but also not sick sweet.
Pistachios & Strawberries- This green & red jewels add to the awesomeness of this shortbread. Pistachios not only add crunch to the cookies but are one of the most healthiest nuts loaded with good fats and calcium. Strawberries on other hand have berrylicious vitamins and antioxidants also adding a tart-chewiness to the cookie.
What you’ll need-
3/4 cup raw pistachios, chopped
3/4 cup chewy dry strawberries, chopped
3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
How to make-
Notes, tips and suggestions-
. You could use different types of your favourite dry fruits in this recipe- I would suggest one type of nut and a dry berry substitutes in the place of pistas and strawberries. e.g. cashews & raisins, almonds & cranberries.etc.
. These cookies keep good in an airtight container at room temperature for almost a week.